Scriptify - Firefox Addon - Scriptify allows you to easily create and manage restartless add-ons made from Scriptish and Greasemonkey userscripts. Once you have created an add-on, Scriptify makes it easy for you to manage it, and can automatically update it to maintain compatibility with Firefox rolling releases.
Add-ons created by Scriptify are small and efficient, and unlike Greasemonkey add-ons, are loaded from the compile cache in recent Firefox releases.
In addition to the standard Greasemonkey API, Scriptified scripts have the following added API functions:
· GM_loadScript to load additional scripts.
· GM_makeDOM to create DOM trees from E4X XML literals.
· GM_finish to prematurely stop the script from loading, as the return statement is not allowed at the top level.
· GM_reportError to log errors and stack traces to the Error Console.
· GM_debug to log messages to the Error Console only when debugging preferences are set.
· GM_setClipboard, per Scriptish, to write text to the clipboard.
· GM_ready to execute code when the page is ready, for scripts which are injected early in the load sequence.
· GM_xmlhttpRequest responses have additional responseXML and responseJSON properties.
· Additionally, add-ons can create their own chrome-privileged API functions through API scripts when necessary.
What's New in This Release:
· Go to gross contortions to ensure that the Windows add-on manager does not balk at us.
What's New in 0.2.1:
· Some compatibility fixes.
· Preserve em:localized blocks on install.rdf writeout.
· Minor startup performance improvement for generated add-ons.