TeaChimer lets you easily create a list of timers, each up to 99 minutes and 59 seconds, with a ringtone to play at the end. Starting a timer is easy - simply select the one you want from the list, and tap it (or click the trackball).
The timer will start to count down. When it reaches 00:00, a Notifier will appear in the bar at the top of the display, and the ringtone you selected (if any) will start playing. Press the Back button to silence the sound, and clear the timer.
The timer continues to run in the background even if you switch away from the countdown screen. If you aren't on the timer display screen (say, talking on the phone), then the sound will not play. In this case, the notifier will still show up at the top.
* Consistent steeping of your favorite teas (obviously)
* Cooking a perfect hard-boiled egg
* Timing a pop quiz (your students will love it :)
* Enforce consistent timeouts for the naughty children
* Play hot-potato with your G-1 (better get a hard shell case first...)