Screen On Toggler is basically a replacement tool for the default search button on your Android phone when you long press it. It allows you to quickly toggle your screen's timeout from always ON to your screen timeout's setting and vice versa.
Once installed, press and hold the search button on your android phone and a dialog will appear. Then select screen on toggler to toggle between always ON and your original screen timeout setting. You may also set it as the default action when you long press your search button, but it is recommended NOT to set as the default action, so that you may use it in conjunction with other search button replacement tools such as Wifi Toggler. You may clear the default setting for Screen On Toggler by going to the Manage Applications area, select screen on toggler and scroll down and click on the "Clear Defaults" button. This should restore the selection dialog when you long press the search button.
To restore the timeout setting to your original setting, you may either touch on the screen on toggler icon on your android's notification bar OR you can long press your search button and select the screen on toggler again, to toggle it. It's that simple.
What's New in This Release:
· Minor bug fixes
What's New in 1.52:
· Added new option to set custom screen timeout setting from app
· Minor layout bug fixes
What's New in 1.43:
· Added ability to detect and disable ads for those who donated
· Fixed some major bugs whereby in certain conditions, the screen timeout will be set to 0 (never timeout) all the time due to some combination of options set in the main app.
· Fixed bug where the timeout was set to 60 seconds by default if you installed the app for the first time. Now it will get the default screen timeout from your settings.
What's New in 1.4:
· Added new changelog dialog
· Removed titlebar from preferences page
· Added compatibility for Android 3.0 AKA honeycomb
· Fixed some issues when Screen On Toggler is set to start on boot
· Fixed major issue when toggling screen timeout on/off, should not have anymore issues with this
What's New in 1.32:
· Added option to start on boot
What's New in 1.32:
· Added new option to show notification bar icon only when enabled (i.e: when screen timeout is not in effect)
· Added donate button
· Fixed some small bugs causing the toggling not to work in the main activity
What's New in 1.1:
· Added launcher icon to allow toggling of screen timeout
· Added configuration option to always display icon in notification bar when screen timeout is NOT set to always ON (timeout in effect)
· Fixed some minor bugs
· Ad-Supported (only when you are connected to internet)